Privacy Notice – Black Isle Cares
This privacy notice refers to Black Isle Cares, registered charity number SCO45371, our office address is: The Hub, Black Isle leisure centre, Deans Road, Fortrose IV10 8TJ.
At Black Isle Cares, we comply with all legislation regarding the collection and use of personal data. This Privacy Notice details how we collect and use your personal information.
If you have any queries regarding this notice, please contact:
The Data Controller, The Hub, Black Isle leisure centre, Deans Road, Fortrose IV10 8TJ.
- If there are any changes to the way in which we collect data, we will make changes to this privacy statement and re-post to the website.
The times we will collect your information
When you contact Black Isle Cares, we collect information about you either in person, email or on the phone in the following scenarios:
- If you are enquiring about home care or meals on wheels.
- If you want to fundraise for us.
- If you are applying to volunteer with us.
- If you are making a donation.
- If you are seeking a trustee to come and talk to a school or group about elderly care.
- If you are enquiring for a family member or friend to use our services.
- If you are being noted as a contact or next of kin to on of our service users.
- If you wish to advertise an event on our website and social media.
- If you wish to receive newsletters and updates from us.
The information we collect from you
Donations: if you make a donation online, your card information is not seen by us or stored.
Fundraising: initially we would take your name and contact information but after the event is passed we would not keep any personal information for you aside from a web blog detailing your success – with your permission.
Meals on Wheels clients and volunteers – please go to Meals on Wheel privacy statement.
Homecare – please see Highland Home Carers privacy statement.
General enquiries/advertising events/contact form on the website: name, address, contact details will be taken and passed to the relevant person. Contact information will be stored whilst the enquiry is active and deleted when no longer required.
How it is stored
Information will be stored safely at all times either in locked facilities or in password protected files. It will only be stored for the period in which your relations are sought with our charity and deleted after relations have seized.
We will never pass on your information to third parties without your consent. The only third parties we would pass you details on to would be other beneficial services, external to our charity and only with yours or your next of kin’s consent.
Know your rights
The following list details the rights you have over the personal information we store:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erase
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact The Data Controller, The Hub, Black Isle leisure centre, Deans Road, Fortrose IV10 8TJ.
If after speaking to us you are unhappy with our use of your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.