Fantastic fresh meals provided by:
McBains Catering Ltd, Fortrose Cafe, Jaki (t/a) McGinty’s & Allangrange Arms.
Three times a week, 50 weeks of the year, our meals on wheels volunteers deliver around 80 meals to the elderly in the Black Isle. Only the freshest ingredients are used. The food is supplied by Fortrose Café, McBains Catering, Jaki’s fish and chips and the Allangrange Arms, Munlochy. The volunteers are all friendly and go the extra mile for our customers.
“The volunteers who deliver the meals deserve a special mention. They all go the extra mile and are nice and friendly.”
“The food is superb!”
Since the success of our services in Fortrose, Rosemarkie and Avoch, we are rolling out Meals on Wheels in Munlochy from 25th April 2017. If you, or anyone you know could benefit from our services, in any of the above areas, please get in touch.
Phone: 07702 557535
How does it work?
- Potential customers or their family/friends should get in touch with our administrator.
- We will make a visit to discuss our services and find out about any dietary requirements.
- If the customer is happy, MOW will begin to be delivered.
- Volunteers visit with the food and take payment in person.
- Food arrives chilled, but can be heated for the customers to eat.
- Each meal costs £5 for two courses, fish and chips £3.
Want to volunteer?
If you have some spare time during the week and have your own car, you could become a volunteer for Black Isle Cares.
- Get in touch by phone or email.
- Come along on a Meals on Wheels trip and see if you enjoy it.
- BIC will pay for and organise both your PVG (protection of vulnerable groups certificate), and your health and hygiene certificate.
Meals on wheels has been running since May 2016, with thanks to Caring & Sharing Highland for the start-up grant and thanks to Cairn housing for giving us a grant to expand Meals on Wheels into Munlochy.
56c03db5dd7′ lid=’fb99b49957′ usePlainJson=’true’ isDebug=’false’]